Wednesday, January 16, 2008

They Still Make Their Mother Crazy!



When Mike and his family visited in December, my four sons, along with Brian's girlfriend, Emily, decided to take a trip to the Toroweep Lookout at the Grand Canyon. It takes a couple of hours to get there from Santa Clara - 60 miles on a dirt road to this viewpoint. Those who went said the view of the 3,000 ft. vertical drop to the Colorado river is breathtaking. . . but there are no railings! I love beautiful scenery, but not enough to get anywhere close to this. . . and, I let it be known right away that under no circumstances, were they taking ANY OF MY GRANDCHILDREN!!! My sons still tried to make me crazy by taking these pictures. At least when I looked at the photos, everyone was back home safe.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

It would not be a good thing to get the Smith boys and the Fowlks boys together that could be some trouble. I have been there though and it is gorgous. We drove there when Daniel was small so I know what you mean by not taking the little ones.

Danette said...

You have to admit, the view is beautful though!