Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where, Oh Where Have Our Grandkids Gone?

Do we have bad breath or B.O? Do we tell lame jokes? Did we drop in unannounced? Did we (Joan) talk about coupons till it made you crazy? Or was it my extolling the virtues of whole wheat bread? A little too much unsolicited advice? Were the kids too messy (soaking wet) when you picked them up? Did I feed them junk food til they threw up?

It was bad enough that we had to travel clear across the country to see MIke & Bri's boys, or drive 2 hours to see Shellie & George's two, but now that Kenny and Christan have moved to D.C., we are totally and completely WITHOUT ANY GRANDKIDS IN ST. GEORGE!! I was so depressed, I had to go gorge myself on queso dip and Dr. Pepper at Chili's (thanks for the shoulder Pauline).

Kirk and I will try very hard to correct our faults (or maybe we'll have to resort to bribery) and enticed SOMEONE to move to St. George with our grandkids someday. In the meantime, I think I'll go check on a job at SkyWest!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Sounds like you need to go to lunch again you know I am always game.(thats my problem) Great pic of DC

Kerrah said...

You should talk to my mom, or better yet hang out with her, she is going through empty nest syndrome right now. Sounds like similar symptoms!!!

mike and bri smith said...

Your grandsons miss you tons!!!!

Christan said...

despite your list of self proclaimed faults, we still miss you and wish the kids were with you to get dirty, messy, smelly, or what ever else! That just means they are having fun! :0)

The Isoms said...

How sad :( My kids can come over anytime! I know it won't be quite the same though.