Sunday, January 11, 2009

Skinny Legs, Big Hair, and Cool Girbaud Jeans

These big-haired, skinny-legged people all trying on the same pair of Girbaud jeams, are the Smith family 20 years ago. Back in 1989, our friend Beva Shelby sent a pair of Girbaud jeans (the hottest brand around at the time) to Shellie, who was dying for a pair—which we couldn't afford. We decided Shellie shouldn't be the only cool one in the family, so we each tried them on, and then sent pictures to Beva. We hadn't seen the pictures since then, so when Beva emailed them to us last week, we got a great laugh out of it. Oh to be young and skinny again! Thanks for the memories Beva!

7 comments:

Des said...

Those pics are great! :) I love the big hair and the Girbaud shorts. Whatever happened to Girbaud's? I remember wanting a pair so badly and we finally found some at an outlet store. One of the greatest days of my middle school years.

Amber Gardiner said...

NICE! Did you not get the picture of Scotty?

Danette said...

all I have to say is "oh wow" Those are great!

Lisa said...

Lookin' good! Why don't you still do your hair like that! :0)

Shellie said...

Those pictures made me laugh out loud! How funny that even Scott tried on the shorts! How old was he? 4 right? LOL! Too funny!!!

The Isoms said...

That's great! I remember you all looking like that! I had a pair of Girbauds! I was the lucky one to get a hand me down pair from my cousin!

Pauline said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS:) That made my night. I also remember those days aaahhhhhh where did the 80's go.
Far Far away I hope!