Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday Fun


I celebrated a great birthday while Kirk and I were in Washington, D.C. I was treated like a "Queen for the Day" (does anyone remember that TV show? Or am I really dating myself?). I was baked 2 cakes - and given a third while I was treated to dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was great being with Mike and Kenny's families, and the homemade cards and poem by the grandkids were great! Bailey spent at least 4 hours making me a calendar - I'm using it at work now. Christan outdid herself in picking out my card since she wanted to one-up Kenny. When he was on his mission in Argentina, Kenny went to get a birthday card for Brian - but the only thing he could find was a pink card that said, "Happy Birthday Little Sister." So he sent it anyway and started the "not so sure this fits the occasion" birthday card tradition. I've received sympathy cards, baptism cards, and even bar mitzva cards on my birthday. Christan always apologizes for Kenny's choices - but when it was her turn to pick one out for me, she went for the shock value (hers is the last one on the right). It worked!

4 comments:

Des said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday. That calendar is so cute and I must say, Christan picked out a nice card! Happy Birthday!

Shellie said...

OMG! I just about pee'd my pants. I didn't notice the card when I first looked at the picture, but after I read the blog I went back and made the picture big and sure enough there was a nice six pack looking me right in the face!! LMAO!!

Lisa said...

I am laughing so hard at that card! I'm like Shellie: didn't notice at first, and then had to go back and just started cracking up! Happy Birthday!

Christan said...

ALRIGHT!! So it's not like me to pick out such a racey card. I usually go for the more sentamental ones- but after being married to Kenny for almost 10 years now, he has rubbed off on me a little and all I could think about when I found that card was the look on your face and the deep shade of RED it would turn! It was all out of love! :)