Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Great Wall of China!





Never thought I'd ever actually be standing on the Great Wall of China. It was truly amazing! We went twice - this was Simatai, a little off the beaten tourist track. It was very spectacular seeing the wall on those high peaks. We took a tram part way up the mountain, then hiked up the rest of the way. It was pretty strenuous, but due to our superior physical condition :) Kirk and I made it! Kirk got a lot of attention from a couple of Chinese ladies who kept fanning him all the way up (little did he know they expected him to buy their wares once he got to the wall). It was so fun to experience it with Mike's family. Trent and I hiked as far as we could go - until the signs and the guard said we weren't allowed to go any further. Mike and Bri took such great care of us and made everything so nice while we were there. I'm sure they needed a vacation to rest up from the vacation. Thanks Mike and Bri for everything! It was an amazing trip of a lifetime!





4 comments:

Shellie said...

Awesome pictures!!! I'm so glad that you and dad were able to get over there. What an experience!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Pauline said...

i agree awesome pictures cant wait to here all about it.

Des said...

I am so jealous! I'm glad you had a good time.

Lisa said...

Holy Moly! It looks amazing. It's still weird to me that places like China exist. Know what I mean, kind-of? I mean, it's just so far away, yet it's part of our world and you can actually go there and you even have family there. It's just weird, but totally awesome. Hope your trip is great!