Monday, June 16, 2008

36 Years . . . and Counting




It was one of our first dates, feeding the ducks at Utah Lake - and the next thing you know, we've been married 36 years! On June 13, 1972, Kirk and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Since then it has been quite the ride with Kirk - always something exciting going on in his life (playing Cosmo, getting shot at with sawed off shotguns, being chased by crazy guys with hatchets, hanging out with Warren Jeffs, surviving four elections) — and I've just hung on for the ride. Love you Smitty - let's do 36 more!

9 comments:

Shellie said...

Happy anniversary Mom and Dad! It was great to see you at the cabin last weekend. Sorry that we couldn't stay. We love you guys!!!

Scott and Megan said...

congrats! I'm so glad that you guys got together and made my best friend! Sure think you guys are swell!

The Isoms said...

Congrats on 36 years! LOVE the pictures! Heres to another 36!

Pauline said...

GREAT PICTURES I LOVE THEM You just have 4 years on us. Thats only because Ron rob the cradle you know. Congrats I am sure 36 more will be here in no time.

Des said...

Congratulations! Joan, I can't believe you survived 36 years years with Kirk! :) What a woman! (You know I love ya, Kirk!)

mike and bri smith said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! I am also glad that you two got together and made my best friend(Mike). There's just something about these Smith men that makes you want to be with them forever. Love you both.

mike and bri smith said...

By the way, great pictures. Joan you have not changed that much and Kirk I barely recognize you in the pictures.

Jeff and Julie's Family said...

Happy Anniversary Joan and Kirk!!! Cute pictures with the ducks. I never remember seeing those pictures. I remember your wedding day very well. I am very glad you two got married. You make cute "empty nesters" now!

Robert said...

My comment is a little late...... Happy Anniversary. Joan, I thought you would post the movie of the Cosmo hop, the skipping and smiling as he heads to the sports car with you waiting in it before your trip to Henrys Lake. If I would have taken Ree there for our honeymoon we would have been in couseling to this day because I would have always been on the lake with or without her.