Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fun Helping Weeks

We had a fun in Bountiful helping out my Mom and Dad a few weeks ago. Mom isn't able to do as much as she used to do, so Dad is kind of doing double duty these days. He's doing a great job, but my brothers and sisters and I decided we'd each take a week to give them some extra help with meals, household chores, yardwork, etc. So, once every six weeks, I'll be able to go spend some extra time with them. Kirk has been a great help too. The project this time was to clean my parents drapes that hung in the kitchen over the stove. Kirk loved vacuuming spider webs, and scrubbing the kitchen grease off the walls and windows. He did a great job. My first helping week was a lot of fun - we saw Julie's kids at their Primary Program, cheered on Tommy at his basketball game at SLCC, rode the ForeRunner Train from Bountiful to Salt Lake to Ogden and back, ate lunch at the Gateway, saw the Planetarium, , watched Jazz games and threw in several games of Anagrams too. Besides having lots of good time with my Mom and Dad, I was able to spend time with Nancy, Julie's family, Brent's family and all of Bob's family. It was a great week with my awesome family!

2 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm really glad you guys are helpin grandma and grandpa out. I think it's great! It looks like you guys had a good time. Maybe once the weather warms up a little I can bring Abby and Caynen and meet you in SLC and help you out. I think that sounds like fun :)

Pauline said...

You will treasure these moments that you are having with them for sure. Sounds like you had a great time with your family.