Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Its a Heck of a Way to Lose Weight!


Kirk has lost about 13 pounds in the last 10 days. I don't think I want to adopt his method though. He spent four days at Dixie Regional Medical Center and had a foot of his colon removed. Ouch! That, combined with his diet of no food (not even water) for two days, and then only liquid for the next two, really did the trick! His surgery was done laproscopically (spelling?), so he is recovering faster than expected. He's been home for a couple of days now, and is getting stronger every day. He is a little bored but is trying to be a good boy and follow the doctor's orders. He's on his way to a full recovery. Love you Kirk!

5 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm really glad dad is feeling better. The night that I called to talk to dad and he didn't want to talk to me really had me worried. I was happy to see him doing well and looking good!! Love you dad!!

Pauline said...

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. You have to get better fast I am craving that sea food that we have been waiting for you to get so you can enjoy it when you eat it. So Hurry Hurry get better so we can eat Lobster.

The Isoms said...

I am glad to hear that Kirk is on his way to recovery! 13 pounds in 10 days??? That's something to think about... to bad I love to eat junk food!! Couldn't live with out it!

Des said...

We're glad that everything went okay. We missed seeing you at my mom's party, but I'm glad that you are recovering well.

Danette said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see Kirk while we were there. Hope you are doing better!